Monday 3 May 2010

Monday 3rd May

After yesterday's deluge it was good to see a few clouds with silver linings!  I was pleased to get out the house for a cycle around Barming Woods with my lads.  Nothing out of the ordinary, more Blackcap and Garden Warbler song, I was hoping to maybe hear a Turtle Dove but the clattering of the coppice in the strong NE put pay to that.  Back at home I was pleased to see three fledgling Dunnocks in the garden - the first young of Spring I've seen.

At a loose end looking after the kids (my wife was working a 12-hour shift) I decided to take them trainspotting - they're both into trains - Lenham Heath seemed the ideal place for some reason!  I was pleased to see the Hoopoe again - such an exotic bird to have in the neighbourhood.  I managed a couple of poor record shots before it took flight, giving fantastic views as it dipped and rose through the air.  Nearby a Willow Warbler was singing, five Linnets were tinkling away and a couple of Swallows sat on the wires in Harrietsham.


2 comments:

Ken. said...

Hi Adam.
Pleased you got to see the Hoopoe again.
I know what you mean about trying to photograph it, still it's a record shot.

Phil said...

I also failed to find a Turtle Dove yesterday Adam.Nice to see the Hoopoe, never seen one myself.