Friday 20 April 2007

Friday 20th March


Had to drive into work this morning so no sightings of interest. However as I drove through the Research station site I was amazed at how much the apple tree blossom had come on in a week.
As the sun started to break through at lunchtime I decided to meet up with Mike Easterbrook at Ditton Quarry. Whitethroat, ChiffChaff and Blackcap were heard but nothing else of note on the avian front. However a small Common Lizard made up for the lack of birds and Peacock, Orange Tip, Holly Blue, Speckled Wood, Whites and possible Small Copper butterflies added interest.
On my way to check my new strawberry plots I had the fortune to find a female Wheatear hoping on the short grass of the East Malling weather station - my first for this site.

1 comment:

Simon said...

Nice blog.

I have added your blog to my link column, I hope this is OK?