Friday 20 March 2009

Friday 20th March

A quick sortie to the site where I'd located Marsh Tit and the pair were quickly picked out. The Little Owl by Kiln Barn Farm and increasing flock of Common Gull (x8) were joined by Herring Gull (2x) and BH Gulls. I'm sure the Little Owl recognises the sound of my bike now - as I roll down the hill it takes flight!

I tried for the Red Hill Waxwings at lunchtime, breaking my own biking record from East Malling to Wateringbury...I only had an hour! I spent a good 30 minutes scanning aroun the orchards by Red Hill and Wateringbury Place but couldn't locate them. Coming back through the wood north of Wateringbury village I was pleased to add another couple of Commas to the list and see the Wood Anemone in full flower.

1 comment:

Greenie said...

Adam ,
Surely you've had your fill of Waxwings this year .
Nice one with the Marsh Tit , we usually get 1 or 2 in the Dormouse boxes up on the Ridge each year .