Thursday 25 March 2010

Thursday 25th March

Poor pic in the rain of one of eight Pipits

A miserable start after very heavy rain overnight.  Still it had stopped by the time I set off for work.  Three Chiffchaffs today; 1 calling near the Water Tower (top of North Street, Barming) and 2 others along the eastern edge of Oaken Wood.  No sign of the Little Owl, probably hunched up somewhere in the barn, drying out.  Detouring past Paris Farm Paddocks, East Malling I searched for yesterday's Wheatear but no sign, he must have escaped before the rain set in.  Likewise the Willow Warbler.  However I was pleased to see 8x Meadow Pipit which have been noticeable by their abscence around my patch this winter.  A Skylark also made it's prescence known.  That was it for the day - the rain just got heavier and worse at lunchtime and on my way home.

No comments: