Wednesday 18 August 2010

Wednesday 18th August 2010

At last - a Whinchat on patch - only been 5 years in the waiting with near misses including Wheatear, Stonechat and Black Redstarts over the years. Ironically I hadn't done my usual cycle into work, but had dropped my car of at the garage in Aylesford, and cycled in from there. A last minute decision saw me go left at the gates to work to check out the Paris Farm and Sweets Lane paddocks in East Malling before cycling up to Kiln Barn Farm (the wrong way!)for a quick scan before heading into work. Bingo - there it was on the fence posts by Gallagher's Gallop. Five Swallows swooped around it and a juvenile Yellowhammers and Linnets flitted in and out the hedgerow.

2 comments:

Ken. said...

Congrats on the Whinchat Adam. Your 5 year wait has finally paid off.Well done.

Phil said...

Nice one Adam. Would like to find one at New Hythe but am not holding my breath even though I had one there last year. Did manage Redstart today though!