Saturday 18 December 2010

Friday 17th December 2010


A very icy morning turned up a good species list on the walk in, including a female Sparrowhawk over the Allotments at the top of North Street, Barming, 2x Cormorants over and 5x Bullfinches near Gallagher's Gallop....but no sign of any Redpolls.  An unexpected snowstorm at lunchtime curtailed much of my plans but I managed to quickly check out the orchard nearest the lab buildings and Bradbourne Lake.  The orchard was absolutely heaving with winter thrushes, Starlings, Chaffinches, Wood Pigeons and even Greylag Geese and Black-headed Gulls.


Bradbourne Lake hosted all the usual Coots and Moorhens but also 7x Tufted Ducks, including a juvenile bird which showed some white on it's stern and had me wondering if I'd found something more significant!  Back my the Wader Stream I saw the Green Sandpiper bobbing it's way through the water.

1 comment:

Warren Baker said...

Now thats a good photo adam ! :-)

I havn't managed a Green Sandpiper photo of any sorts!!