Monday 17 October 2011

Monday 17th October 2011

Too, too busy to have posted lately - but a quick review.  Early October delivered a couple of Hummingbird Hawkmoths to my garden, but the heatwave seems a long, long time ago.  Yesterday (16th Oct) saw me at Cliffe taking in excellent views of the Isabelline Shrike - what a cracker!


Today started off still and sunny, but by midday the wind had picked up from the west, bringing cloud with it.  A quick sortie to the Paris Farm Paddocks turned up my first, but distant  Fieldfare of the year, hopping through the turf with 7x Mistle Thrushes.  12x Meadow Pipits and 25+ Goldfinches were also present.

2 comments:

Warren Baker said...

No Shrike pics then Adam ?

Adam said...

Hi Warren

Could have got some cracking shots (without arrows!!!) if I's remembered to take my camera with me....doh! If I had taken one it probably would have looked like this:

http://www.birdguides.com/iris/pictures.asp?rty=3&r=0&off=322483&v=0