Wednesday 21 March 2012

Wednesday 21st March 2012

I managed to get my Wheatears this morning - two males, distantly in the Paris Farm Paddocks (too far for a photo...even by my standards!).  Yesterday's Stonechat have moved on, but the sun and heat (18.C on the research station) brought out a good number of butterflies with 9x Comma and 2x Peacock seen on the circular track around Oaken Wood, Barming.  A good day for Song Thrushes with 7x birds in total being seen along my cycle route into work.

4 comments:

Marc Heath said...

A good butterfly day by the sounds of it. I had my fist today, a single Small White.

Adam said...

Thanks Mark - certainly butterfly weather, you did well with an early 'White'!

Adam

Warren Baker said...

Blimey, I am out every afternoon looking for Stonechat and Wheatear, and you get them on consecutive days! :-)

Ken. said...

Adam.
Well done with seeing your first Wheatear of the year, also a good count of Butterflies.