Tuesday 28 August 2007

Tuesday 28th August

After an eventful weekend - missing both a Hoopoe and a Wryneck on the east Kent coast and watching what could well have been a Large Tortoiseshell butterfly float away from my neighbours garden (South Street, Barming) before I could get my bins on it I was relieved to get back to work! Nothing out of the ordinary on my walk in, but a lunchtime visit to the Bullock Yard Buddleia plot on East Malling Research Station land resulted in 2x Painted Ladies, 4x Red Admiral, 4x Comma and 3 Bullfinches....much better than the zilch I got a week ago! A squashed Slow Worm was found opposite Church House, Church Lane, Barming this evening - I'd heard they'd been seen in the area but unfortuntely this was the first evidence I'd got of their prescence.

No comments: