Wednesday 26 December 2007

Monday 24th December - Christmas Eve

All the preparations for Christmas made me fidgety, especially as I'd be confined to the house all day tomorrow. Again I was on dad duty so I took my two lads on a yomp across to the other side - West Farleigh. I managed to get a good hour's walk in, promising the kids a go on the swings on W Farleigh green. We crossed Barming Bridge, up Kettle Lane to the green at West Farleigh (for the playground and pub!) and back home via Charlton Lane. Not much out of the ordinary to be seen, although like Warren in Hadlow I'd noticed the Redwing numbers seem to have built up recently. A row of Alders a field back on the east side of Charlton Lane looked like they may harbour some avian life and sure enough a quick scan revealed a busy flock of 15+ Siskins working through the top branches.

Apologises for another picture of 'winter thrushes', just can't resist it when they're sitting pretty in really good numbers in the trees at the back of my garden. A few months and I'll be missing them!

No comments: