Friday 31 October 2008

Wednesday 29th October

Off patch today - down to West Hythe to see the famed Green Heron. It dutifully showed to the masses, put in a few flights and even caught a perch. Stopping off at Hythe seafront I quickly located 4x Purple Sandpiper that had been reported earlier in the week on the rocks opposite the Stade Court Hotel.
Moving onto Dungeness had the unusual honour of a bird coming to me.....even though I tried to keep my distance! An extremely tame Lapland Bunting scuttled around the shingle near the Fishing Boats Track and sidled up to my boots.
When I later mentioned to a another birder that it had probably acted this way havingnever seen a human being before, he commented, "So what's changed!".

1 comment:

Kingsdowner said...

Good fortune with the Lapland Bunting there!
I do like the trusting northern birds.