Sunday 8 November 2009

Sunday 8th November

I happened upon this lovely on the road to Funton Creek first thing this morning. Initially I thought I'd stumpled upon a Rough-legged Buzzard, but it appeared quite slight and when it took off I noticed the abscence of a white tail band. The consensus is a juvenile pale-morph Common Buzzard - still a lovely bird to see netherless. On the creek I managed 150+ Avocet and onto Sheppey where I had 2 superb ringtail Hen Harriers (Swale NNR and Harty marshes), 2x Peregrine and 1x Merlin - classic Sheppey!



4 comments:

Greenie said...

Adam ,
No need for any words with those shots .
You lucky so and so .

Warren Baker said...

nice thing to stumble across Adam, did it finish the rabbit ?

Anonymous said...

Maybe the others know but I don't. What is this bird?

Adam said...

Sorry for lack of words - 99% sure it's a Common Buzzard, juvenile pale form. I did initially get a bit excited and think it was Rough-legged Buzzard!

Words will follow!

Adam