Saturday 8 January 2011

Saturday 8th January 2011


After watching Fieldfares, Redwings and Starlings fly about this morning over my house in Barming (including one of the Albino Starlings) I decided to pay a quick visit to work to see if the Waxwings were still about.  A forty minute search failed to turn any up (my first Waxwing free day in the last seven), although the church and corner orchards were initially very quiet.  I managed 5+ Brambling, including 2 in the large tree opposite the Conference Centre entrance.  Fingers crossed the Waxwings will be around tomorrow.

3 comments:

Simon said...

I've never seen an albino starling, how many have you seen in the Barming area?

Adam said...

Hi Simon, I saw three together at the end of October and managed a photo of them (see 31st October 2010 post http://dittoneastmallingbarming.blogspot.com/2010/10/sunday-31st-october.html). I suspect they're from the same brood, if not then they're rarer than the probability is greater than a lottery win!

Ad

The Bald Birder said...

Adam - Waxwings and Bramblings are good stuff. Hope that John gets in amongst them to see if any are already ringed. Ross