Monday 11 July 2011

Sunday 10th July 2011


Up to Cliffe like every other nature bod seems to have done over the last 2 weeks - with Southern Emerald Damselfly in my sights.  It was pretty overcast and there wasn't much on the wing.  A lone figure scouring the west side of the ditch turned out to be James Hunter who was after the same quarry.  Team Hunter called and James had to leave but not before giving some tips on how to locate the SED.  Ten minutes later I was in luck, only one individual but a showy one nevertheless.

Travelling back to Barming I decided to take a chance on the Lesser Emperors on Abbeymeads, New Hythe that had eluded me last week.  Barry Wright and Terry Laws were on the scene and promised me a sighting within two minutes.....I had to wait three minutes....then a Lesser Emperor buzzed past, then again, and again.  Brown Hawker, Emperor and Red-eyed Damselfly were also on show.

Nice to finish the day off with a Barn Owl just off patch along the River Medway at 22:00.

No comments: